Apollo ERP X for the Medical & Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
The reality of being a manufacturer in the medical and pharmaceutical industries is that one bad batch; one incorrect recipe or one measurement being off by a single nanometer is often the difference between life and death. Products developed under some of the strictest manufacturing guidelines in the world under the watchful eye of organizations such as the FDA, The European Union, GMP and HACCP as well as conforming to all DIN /ISO900x standards create extremely high demands on any ERP solution.
We know that tracking every supplier, each product, each lot, batch and serial number is just the start of what’s required for a modern-day ERP software solution that can be used by today’s medical and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
NTS Apollo provides all the necessary modules and tools to serve the unique challenges medical and pharmaceutical manufacturers face in today’s hyper-competitive world market. No matter whether you’re producing medical grade instruments, delivery mechanisms, diagnostic tools or therapeutic medicines, Apollo ERP X software can help with the unique challenges of your complex manufacturing environment.
The Unique Challenges for the Medical & Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
Increasingly plastic manufacturers are producing a wider variety of products sourced in smaller quantities from a larger base of raw goods suppliers. Furthermore, global competition has forced plastic manufacturers to find new methods for increasing production quality and profitability.
Through years of refinement, the Apollo ERP X software platform has evolved to help plastic manufacturers of all sizes deal with the following challenges:
- Need to reduce overcapacity and associated costs
- Lower production setup times
- Improve work cycle times
- Low capacity utilization
- Complex versioning and variations of products including localization of specific product recipes based on raw ingredient availability or local regulations
- Complex unit conversion including various dimensional and volumetric measurements that require final unit calculations
- Production schedules that must meet those of customer needs
- Demand planning and forecasting
- Response times to changing product mix and changing customers specifications
- Optimizing capacity
- Paperwork related to importing and exporting of materials in different currencies and languages.
- Mangement of extremely complex governmental rules / compliance and paperwork requirements for the manufacture and import / export of controlled substances.
- Complex Bill of materials (BOM) including support for multi-level BOM's that reflect critical interdependencies with recipes
- Customer specific BOM with rapid calculations
- Traceability of raw materials including complete lot and batch tracking, i.e. every pill has a serial number
- Customer specific order management that can include different requirements for paperwork including custom labeling
- EDI (electronic data interchange) for customers and suppliers
- External work cycles (managing 3rd party manufacturing as part of the overall manufacturing process and production planning)
- Quality Control that often requires third party quality control management and document sign-off to unblock various manufacturing processes
- Shelf Life Management - track material data including moisture content, potency, pH, colour, status, and expiration dates as well as the ability to flag items that can't be stored within certain distances of each other for fear of unintended contamination and reactions
- Manipulation of work order priorities and deliveries
- Identifying material and equipment conflicts
- Balancing work cycles on production lines to minimize idle time, reduce steup time and use operators and secondary equipment efficiently
- The abolity to react quickly to machine downtime and dynamically change entire production and machine schedules
- Requirements for extensive reporting templates
- Ability to conduct internal trials and testing
- Change and data field history management including the ability to view the entire history of a recipe from inception to current incarnation
How Apollo ERP X Software Meets and Exceeds the Demands of the Medical & Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
With the experience of supplying medical and pharmaceutical manufacturers, the Apollo ERP X software platform has evolved to be highly attuned to the needs of manufacturers in this industry. So much so that it rivals software written specifically and only for this industry. The difference is that Apollo ERP X also comes with a much broader range of capability as a platform designed to help you run your entire manufacturing business from top to bottom.
Apollo ERP X includes a wide variety of integrated modules to help you run your manufacturing business. This include modules for CRM, Inventory / Warehouse Management, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Logistics, Project Management, Service, Business Intelligence and a dedicated Mobile application for maximum portability and efficiency within your manufacturing environment.
While Apollo does not have a stand-alone accounting module included, we provide a software bridge to most standard accounting packages that allows for the seamless exchange of crucial financial data between Apollo ERP X and your current accounting software solution.
Our approach to ERP software is unique. We understand that each of our clients, even within a specific industry like medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing is still different, with a unique set of workflows. That’s why through the course of getting to know your particular manufacturing environment we perform a deep and thorough needs analysis with your team. In some circumstances our ERP specialists discover that your specific manufacturing workflow requires specialized functionality. In this case our team of developers can recommend and provide the necessary customizations to the Apollo ERP X platform to accommodate your specific needs.
The Return on Investment with Apollo ERP X
Why invest in an ERP platform this capable? Because across a multitude of business functions, both in the front office and the manufacturing floor, you will see an almost immediate improvement. This return on investment is readily seen in areas such as revenue growth, improved productivity, decreased machine and operator idle times as well as improved product quality, production flexibility, and profitability.
The Benefits of Apollo ERP X as your Medical & Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Management Software
With Apollo ERP X as your solution, your medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing and processing business should expect to see gains in a wide variety of critical areas including:
- The ability to be more responsive to changing market and customer demands
- The ability to take on more complex orders, and offer innovative solutions and products
- Higher product quality
- Improved efficiencies across all aspects of your business
- Manage a growing list of parts and raw materials in your inventory
- Improved costing and forecasting of production runs
- Higher on-time deliveries
- Lower idle times across all your available resources
- Real-time dashboards to monitor every aspect of the production process
- Monitoring regrinds or scraps to accurately perform job costing
- Shorter production cycle times
- Reduce inventory costs through higher production yields
- Lowering paper archiving requirements
- Enables your employees to focus on process improvement instead of compliance issues, providing for new innovation and application of lean manufacturing principles
- Improved customer support
A Selection of our Medical & Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Clients
VOCO - is one of the internationally leading manufacturers of dental materials. The company is highly active in areas of medical research in the fields of composites, bonding agents and other materials.